<body>
where do we draw the line ?
follow?
facebook
tumblr
twitter
entries profile tagboard miscellaneous
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inked

I've always wanted to have my tattoo. It would be a risk, and should require a lot of pondering, 'cause once you get inked, it's forever. 

I overheard from someone that a tattoo is someone's identity. People close to you will recognize you through your tattoo, it's like your birthmark but just artificially done. I want to have my own identity. That identity must fairly and appropriately represent who I am, since I will be wearing it for the rest of my life. I want a story behind it, or maybe a reason for it, something that would remind me of something special. Others tattoo the names or symbols of their loved ones, that's why their tattoos are meaningful, or maybe a certain significant emotion the day they decided to get the tattoo. I want to have a story behind mine too, so that when I grow old, when my grand children ask me about it, I'd have something to tell not just say, "uh... 'cause lola thought it was cool". Tattoos are cool, and I couldn't disagree with that, but I want my tattoo, one day when I get one to exceed the "coolness" factor of it that most people attribute to it.

Tattoos are great art. They are expressions of a person's individuality and the courage to stand out from the norms. Others may have it occasionally, and as often as they want to, but for some including me, as a first timer, to have one is a great deal since I don't look at it just as a status symbol, it's more than that, it's a symbol of full growth and maturity and appreciation of one's self, that's why you want to adorn your skin with something great and something creative.

Since I haven't found the courage to get inked, nor have I found the design or symbol to represent me, nor have I decided on the place where to put it, for now, I made this tattoo for myself. The image isn't clear, but it's like feathery with words, "light as feather". I made this out of boredom during my Finance class and I was feeling down so I had to remind myself to always feel light. haha! Does it even make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment