<body>
where do we draw the line ?
follow?
facebook
tumblr
twitter
entries profile tagboard miscellaneous
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chances

Not everybody gets another chance. I'm grateful I got another one.

My previous term was completely and totally messed up. Everything I worked hard for during the prelims, were sabotaged by my performance during midterms. The goals I set for myself were all within my reach, but they all drifted away after my irresponsibility ate away all of the drive I had boosted up for the whole semester. I was distracted away from my goal, so many things came about, so many responsibilities, and all needed so much attention and so much time that I didn't know which to prioritize and which to focus on until I came to the point of feeling so sick and tired of everything that I just blew it all off away. I was aware of what I was doing, yet I just watched them slip away. My devastation turned into something I could just bear, and in the process of bearing and enduring everything I forgot how it ruined everything was until I saw the aftermath. My grades mirrored how delinquent I was and I could not do anything about it anymore. I was losing hope and all I am needing is another chance to pick myself up from my failures.

I thought it was all too late. I knew that I will never get what I was needing, but to my surprise, it's all in front of me now and what I only need to do is make the best out of it. This is my chance to not screw it all up again, to detangle the mess I have made.

I couldn't be anything but grateful to my teachers. For my Human Behavior in an Organization (HBO) class, I missed the first assignment for the end term for being lazy and for missing class. Glad I was when  our professor told me that I could still submit by tomorrow. (So I will be doing it after this post) My professor in Statistics, whom I thought to be so lousy and insensitive called my attention this afternoon and made me take the quiz I missed the week before exams because I was absent, again. Acknowledging my Mathematical and logical limitations, I only answered the easy parts which didn't require any solving and passed my paper. To her surprise, she asked me why I was so fast, so I told her about my reason which is really true, so she gave me the equations and told me to try answering the problems, which I did, hoping it could pull my score higher. I also missed my Finance exam due to conflict in schedule, so I went up to my teacher, who is known for being so stingy in giving high grades and so stern that no excuse can be deemed acceptable for him unless it's a matter of life and death, and asked him if I can have special exams. It was difficult to explain to him since every word that I said was a motive of doubt and he thought I was just trying to talk him through it with my excuses. Luckily, he gave me a deal. I would need to find this certain Jev Pioquinto, whom he said gave the same excuse as mine but in a different version. If I find this Jev, then can only Sir Sedonio give me the special exam. This means, that Jev, whoever and where ever the hell he is, is the only key to my problems, so Jev, here I am looking for you. :)

So that's all for all the precious chance that I have now, it's either I make it or break it again this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment