<body>
where do we draw the line ?
follow?
facebook
tumblr
twitter
entries profile tagboard miscellaneous
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Saturday, September 11, 2010

L' Fisher Chalet Lobby Drama (Major, Major Fail)

I will always be that girl who believes that the sloppy and mawkish love stories that we read on fairytales will happen to me. Those that inspite all of the circumstances, that Romeo, that prince charming will arrive and we will live happily ever. 

I always hold on to that sentiment, maybe that's why I always end up making a fool out of myself and doing imbecilic things that make me look desperate. I know that prince charming will be the one riding that white horse, conquering all the odds just to get to his princess in distress, but sometimes, no, all the time I am the one doing prince charming's part, just to make both ends meet. Pretty pathetic right? Well I never learned my lesson that's why I always make the wrong choices of people to like or people I think I can actually have a future with. Instead of prince charming, I get a frog. 

Tonight was another major fail. This guy I knew, guess where... on the internet told me that he is in Bacolod right now, checked in one of the hotels. Well, upon knowing that I was very eager and excited to see him? Who wouldn't be? I was about to see that person who I kept on wondering about if he's real or just another prank I get all the time. So I tried to call him, I also texted him if he could just say hi. I was only asking for a single "hi" and I'd be more than relieved and satisfied. A SIMPLE HI! That's it. But this "prick" was so chickened out to do that. I don't know for what reason why he wouldn't do a simple request. I was thinking that he was either a liar that he's afraid that he'd get busted if he did what I asked of him or he was just an "introvert" and really shy to see someone who isn't so special and intimidating like me. I am just an ordinary girl, curious to see who he was. But I failed in making him do it. There was just nothing that I can do to convince him. I bet on the first reason why he doesn't have the guts to do it. I did all the desperate measures. For what? Just to see a stranger. The main reason why I really wanted to see him was to satisfy my curiosity and see for myself that he really is real and that his identity is legit. That's all. Say hi, and I'm all good. Then he can leave. But everything was to no avail. I asked the front desk lady for five times, begging her to give me the room number. I wasn't gonna bust into his room and rape him. Just to say hi, that's it. And I'd keep on repeating my intention, just to say HI.

My mission was a major flop. I actually didn't get to see him. Not even a shadow of him. Again, I was really gullible to actually try believing that he's real. One thing I've learned, never trust a guy a 100%, which in my case was a stranger to make it worse. I know, I know, I am a pathetic hopeless romantic, hoping that my love story would be as colorful as that of a fairy tale. Who doesn't? But I guess, I always try so hard that I trifle with the natural occurrence of things that are supposed to happen. Too much of me trying to be in control of everything. I am starting to feel that I am a control freak, obsessed with trying to make things to go my way. 

Life is our own story book and we make the story, and direct how things should happen, but I realized that we are just co writers and assistant directors of this story. Someone knows better than we do, and something called fate makes things more interesting and exciting. If we always preempt things and apprehend about the future, then we lose the essence of life's surprises. If things will always go our way, then it will be very banal and predictable. There will be no highlights, no climaxes. Though everything will run smoothly and accordingly to how you want it, it will lack the thrill and the million emotions we will feel along the course. It will be boring and it won't be worth remembering. 

I may have done stupid things, pathetic things and things that when I look back on someday would make me dread the kind of person I was, but I know that in the end, I did what I wanted and risked for what I thought was worth it that time. I can always laugh about it, and I will be glad to share it with my grandchildren someday when they ask about how their lola was as a reckless teenager, impulsive and very crazy. 

I admit that I felt so sorry and embarrassed for myself, to actually look for someone who may be nonexistent, but if I only focus on the downsides of it, I will be in remorse. But while I spent my time waiting for that "prick", I actually enjoyed the company of a friend who willingly waited with me and cheered me up while I was feeling downhearted during the wait. That part alone was worth it. It actually opened up the door for her to disclose herself, and for me to get to know her better. That time affirmed the kind of friendship we had and we discovered that we actually trusted each other. Thanks to that "prick".


Always look on the bright side of things, yes, its is really mushy and corny, but it's true. There will always be shadows, but why would you focus on that monochromatic dark side of life when you can actually bask in the colors of life. :) 

p.s. there might be grammatical and typographical error in this post, but try to disregard it, focus on the thought people and I am really sleepy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment