<body>
where do we draw the line ?
follow?
facebook
tumblr
twitter
entries profile tagboard miscellaneous
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Friday, August 5, 2011

Boracay 2011


This post has been in the "baul" for a very long time already and it is but timely that I finally take it out from there and let it be on its rightful spot in this blog. 

Boracay is the most generic and talk-of-the-mouth summer destination not only by Filipinos but of foreigners who enjoy basking themselves in the sun, frolicking in the water, soaking their feet in the sands and be one with nature, be in connection with themselves and escape from the hustle and bustle of their metropolitan lives and get zoned out from the stress of work and responsibilities. Summer is that season of the year that serves as a good excuse to bum and get lazy and take advantage of that excuse to go a little outside of the limits and enjoy the extreme and extensive possibilities the season has to offer.

It was another of my rebellious and unwarranted trips, May 22, 2011 Nelson and I whisked ourselves to this crowded yet definitely lively place of Boracay. The white sand and cool blue waters toying in my imagination skyrocketed the anticipation of finally stepping into the island. We just couldn't wait to get there. The trip was quite long but bearably uncomfortable, the excitement just kept on growing in our hearts.

(It strikes me that while writing this post, the feelings of excitement are as high and as fresh as how it was going there. That trip must be really remarkable and unforgettable.)

What makes a trip remarkable and unforgettable?

The sceneries

Boracay has preserved its breathtaking sunsets. The only natural feature that has remained untainted and unharmed by human hands, unfortunately. It's sad that the waters are now reported to be very unsanitary because of the mixing of toilet wastes due to improper waste management and control of waste excretions. The sands are also threatened by people who take home some for souvenirs. The virginity of the island has been destroyed and the foliage, replaced by concrete structures that masks the careless lifestyle of the inhabitants. Nevertheless, though in its thriving survival, Boracay still offers its majestic sceneries that breathes life to the tired and perished souls of the travelers.


The blue and white "paraws" bends well with the skies and waters.

I caught this sight of a couple taking a picture by the majestic sunset.
It could be their first honeymoon, or maybe second, or third, who knows.

Skim boarders lined the shores late in the afternoon, exhibiting their skills,
but this chick really awed me. 


The serene and less crowded side of the island.


A wedding about to take place by the beach. I've always dreamed of one.

The Activities and Adventures


Boredom is never a word in this island with the many activities that are available to tourists, from island hopping, helmet diving, snorkeling, parasailing, banana boat ride, fly fish, wall climbing, to shopping and partying, the island never runs out. All you have to have is enough money to be able to try all these, and as for me, well I tried to enjoy myself with the free and affordable ones to extend the life of my money during my stay. Maybe when I come back next time, I'd be able to try everything until I turn my intestines inside out.

World class fire dancers igniting the night and keeping the audience on fire. 

Of course, the endless swimming.

Been dying to do wall climbing as inspired by my cousin Dan.

See how happy I am to make it to the bottom alive?

Those beautifully made sand sculptures are done by these kids. Talent and creativity. :)
So next time you see one, don't be a scrooge, give a little extra. 

And for a change, I paid them and I carved their names on the sand instead.



The Accommodation


If there is one word that will best describe us during our stay, it would be lucky. We were lucky to be accommodated by my mom's friend in this classy and expensive hotel, that I swear I would not be able to afford. The place had a minimalist and modern take on its facade, and the neutral colors made it so cozy and homy, plus the people there were very friendly, nice and accommodating, giving service with a smile. Their staff and crew were very warm and I commend them for doing their jobs with enthusiasm.


The inviting beds of our room at Astoria Boracay.

I want my house to look as simple and as sleek as this.



Spent mos of the afternoons here, lazing around if not walking.

The Food


A trip wouldn't be complete with an empty stomach, and to be able to store energy for the activities that awaits every journey, one has to stock on food to keep going, and what better thing to do during a trip is to scour for places that serve good food, for a very cheap price, and of course to treat yourself with yourself a happy food or pick-me-upper food after a looong day. Though I still wish to eat at those expensive restaurants, here were some of the places I settled for while on a budget. 


CREPES! Need I say more? 

Who's hungry now?

Pancake House's menu list made me feel like a giddy kid again.

I forgot the name of this place with a very interesting wall. :)

This is a hidden place that has the best lechon kawali. 

Happy food. :))

More happy food.
My every Bora trip staple food, Isaw. :))

The People


In every trip, there will always be people you come across and get engaged with, whether in a small conversation during a ride, a friendly staff, a funny waiter, a kind vendor that lets you haggle to the extreme, or that annoyingly charming kid you won't be able to resist, or that stranger who smiles at you, accompanies you for a walk and will be your friend forever, or maybe you'll bump into a famous artist, who knows who you meet? and of course that one person who tolerates your craziness and shares with you every laughter of the trip, walks with you until you tire your feet and takes snaps of you while you enjoy every single moment.

The unprecedented moments that you share with these people make a lot of difference in your trip. These people are the ones you will forever have a memory with, though you may not know their name nor hear anything about them in the future, one thing's for sure, they made your trip memorable.

PBA players and their coach. Geez... I forgot their names.

Whitney. :)


Our hands wrinkled after soaking in the pool. 


Gian, one of the young sand artists.


Sheryl.
Reggie, me, Nelson, Sheryl, Mike.

This douche made my Bora 2011. 

This could pass for a sumer fling. lol



And that goodbye...


And of course... Thank you to my twin, Nelson for making this trip unforgettable. This surely goes down the books.



Forgive my vanity, but I want to post some of my snaps during the trip.





Long gown ang ganap.
Mabenta ang hang loose.


Next year, it'll be another adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment