<body>
where do we draw the line ?
follow?
facebook
tumblr
twitter
entries profile tagboard miscellaneous
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>

<$BlogItemBody$>
-->

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jam-packed January


I started the year busy and I don't know how to write anymore. :| Seriously, this is taking a lot of my neurons more than I have ever imagined. Planning this post seemed very easy and the things that it will contain flowed incessantly in my thoughts that made me excited to write again. Now that I am here, and confronted by this blinking cursor, all those thoughts fled one by one. Is this what they call, writer's block? Did I even say it right? Well, first thing's first, where do I begin? I know that I have to finish this post and write as decently and comprehensively as I can, since I owe this overdue post to my blog. This won't be an emotional post, I guess, but a rundown of all the things that happened this month of January. What happened? SPORTSFEST.

Sportsfest.

It has always been my dream to be a part of the Artians Cheer Squad ever since I stepped into college. I've heard a lot about the squad when I was in high school and its infamous trainer Rodney Ascalon. Being a part of the squad is like a camel passing through the needle's eye. It wasn't easy and it wasn't all fun. I learned to have discipline and persistence while training with the squad. The routines, weren't very muscle and bone-friendly and so are the trainers. I literally bended and broke all of my body parts, got wounded and suffered a great deal of sleep deprivation. I missed several of my classes which made coping up with the lessons harder. I am not fit to complain however, compared to my mates in the squad, they even sacrificed more than I did. It was there where I saw people very passionate and driven in doing what they love most, dancing. Dancing is not just dancing for them, it was their lifeblood. Dancing became everybody's support system, connecting every heart with the same beat, the beat of every move, the beat of every desire that ran alive into their veins. Dancing for them was not an excuse, it was their reason. Every drop of sweat, every break in the bone, every blood we've invested into it paid its price. 

The Artians Cheer Squad made history when it won its grand slam in 2004, 2005 and 2006. They aimed for it's second grand slam after winning in 2007 and 2008, but was foiled by the Nursing after winning in 2009 and 2010. It was a bitter and learning experience for the squad. This year, they vowed to take what was rightfully theirs. And so it paid off.

It was the right to join the squad this year, it was not just a mere coincidence but it was already a destiny for the squad to regain what it has lost, and being a part of that victory is not just the sweetest but it was the most satiating experience that satisfied all the yearning to win. In the end, it was a two streak victory for me, winning the coveted prize and winning friends whom I share the same passion with. :)



Our Squad

Engineering

Education

College of Business and Accountancy

Nursing

Photo Credits to Aeson Baldevia
More photos during the Sportsfest

Nelson with his very thoughtful yet scandalous placard for me.
Nelson and Kamille during pep rally, yet another embarrassing and scandalous placards.

That sweet victory. (Pero bitter ang fez, bitter ocampo)

See? I can dance. lol x


Sportsfest was also an opportunity to catch up with some friends. They are very difficult to find and I was very happy to be able to gather some of us together during the entire week. We did a lot of catching up and had super fun conversations about the things that have happened in our lives separately :D It was a never ending conversation about anything and everything. It made me miss them even more. :| Weren't able to bump into the others. :| M.I.A Glyness Hisugan, Jelyn Prietos and Lorvena Javellana and Ralph Adam Gayol. 

Dinner at Lord Byron's where back ribs are zee best! 

Watched basketball games together though we all came from different colleges.
L-R Paula, Jessel, Me, Charvic (bangs), Marianne (pony)


xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment